Polar TEP works in collaboration with EOPORT to provide access to Sentinel 1 data in near-real-time (NRT) – within minutes of acquisition compared to the approximately three hours in our normal processing chain.
Use of the NRT data in Polar TEP requires the following:
- A Polar TEP Machine Learning (ML) or Interactive Development Environment (IDE) account with a NRT data addition, and
- An EOPORT account.
The cost of adding NRT data to a Polar TEP account is €100 per month on top of the Polar TEP account fees and EOPORT data fees.
The steps to work with NRT data on Polar TEP are as follows:
- Request a Polar TEP NRT data account using the form below.
- When your account is approved, you will be provided with a call-back URL to be entered during the EOPORT data ordering process.
- Use the EOPORT website to order data by specifying the area of interest and time frame for acquisitions. The call-back URL will allow data to be automatically directed to your private storage on Polar TEP as it is acquired by the satellite.
- Once your ordered data is available, it can be viewed in the Polar TEP viewer and accessed in your ML or IDE environments for processing.